PARTICIPATION IN A SAUGUS-LYNNFIELD YOUTH HOCKEY ON-ICE ACTIVITY BY YOU OR YOUR CHILD OR REGISTRATION FOR A PROGRAM CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF, YOUR CHILD AND YOUR FAMILY UNIT, TO (1) COMPLY WITH THE COVID-19 POLICY, (2) ASSUME ALL RISKS OF TRANSMISSION AND COMPLICATIONS OF COVID-19 AND (3) RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SAUGUS-LYNNFIELD YOUTH HOCKEY FROM ALL LIABILITY AND LOSSES ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION AND YOUR CHILD’S PARTICIPATION IN ACTIVITIES ORGANIZED, HOSTED, SPONSORED OR PARTICIPATED IN BY SAUGUS-LYNNFIELD HOCKEY.
Saugus-Lynnfield Youth Hockey Association
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY FOR 2021-2022 SEASON
This Policy outlines the health and safety protocols adopted by the Saugus-Lynnfield Youth Hockey Association (“SLYH”) for the 2021-2022 season in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be updated if needed based on new information. The Policy shall apply to all participants in SLYH’s Wack-A-Puck, Mini-Mite, 8U, 10U, 12U, & 14U programs/teams and their families and all associated coaches, volunteers and other attendees. The Policy is deemed accepted and agreed to by all such players, coaches, volunteers and families upon their family member’s participation in a Saugus-Lynnfield Youth Hockey on-ice activity or upon registration for a program.
Obligations of Players, Parents, Coaches and Volunteers
1) STAY HOME IF SICK OR IF DIRECTLY EXPOSED TO COVID-19. Do NOT come to a practice or game (a) if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or ANY other illness, (b) if you have had close contact (indoors, within 3 feet for more than 15 minutes) with anyone confirmed with Covid-19 in the last 10 days, or (c) if you have a fever of 100.4° or higher, even if you are not sick.
- If your child is participating in a "Test and Stay" program at school OR is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, they may attend on-ice events provided they test negative.
- If not particpating in a "Test and Stay" program at school, we recommend that your child be tested for Covid-19 prior to attending on-ice events for 10-days from exposure.
- Monitor for symptoms of illness and take the temperature of you and your child prior to coming to the rink (home or away).
- You will be asked to leave if you come to the rink when you are sick.
2) Respect for Your Team. Be aware that your actions effect your entire team and take reasonable precautions to protect your own health and that of your teammates and coaches.
- Practice social distancing and masking outside of hockey and be sensible about higher-risk activities.
3) Respect for the Rules. Respect and strictly adhere to (A) all rink restrictions for all games, home and away, (B) all rules of hosting programs, and (C) all additional on-ice and locker room health and safety precautions requested by your Head Coach.
Reporting of Illness. Promptly report to your Head Coach and SLYH President by email if you or a household member are sick. Do not come to the rink while waiting for the results of a Covid-19 test.
- You will not be penalized for missing hockey for these reasons and your commitment will not be questioned if you communicate promptly, openly and honestly.
Medical Diagnosis & Covid-19 Testing. Promptly seek a medical diagnosis if you are sick and report to your Head Coach and SLYH President via email whether you have been diagnosed with Covid-19 (yes or no).
- If you have tested positive for Covid-19, you may not participate in SLYH activities for a minimum period of 5-days from onset of symptoms or the date of the first positive test. You must also provide documentation of a future negative Covid-19 test to the Head Coach and/or SLYH President in order to return to SLYH activities, OR a letter from your doctor stating that you are non-contagious.
Refunds will not be given due to quarantines, even if hockey related. Quarantines may result in game cancellations.